Welcome, thank you for choosing Lanes Health Clubs for your swimming lessons. Our team of experienced swimming teachers are here to help you, or your child reach their swimming goal. If you have any questions about our swimming lessons or any of our policies, please ask a Lanes Health Club Manager. Please note Lanes Health Clubs reserves the right to refuse registration of a participant on a swimming course in event of any health concerns identified on the booking form or otherwise. Unless a medical note/letter from the participants doctor approving swimming classes are suitable, is provided to the club.
- Details of number of participants in yours/your child’s swimming class (and if a parent/carer is required to attend the class) will be provided to you at the time of booking.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted to leave the club at any time during their child’s swimming lesson.
- Details of swimming lessons including start/finish dates shall be set out on each booking form.
- We ask all parents/guardians to refrain from the use of mobile phones on poolside and from taking photos/video footage of any lessons. This is to safeguard all swimmers and is in accordance to Lanes Health Clubs Safeguarding Policy. Staff will ask anyone using a phone to kindly stop & delete any photos/videos recorded.
- Payment for swimming lessons must be made at reception in advance of the start date.
- Adult individual swimming packs must be used within 3 months of purchase. Lessons not taken after this date will be forfeited and no refund will be made for them.
- Children’s individual term lessons (1-1, & 2-2-1) must be completed within the prescribed term dates. Lessons not taken within such dates will not be rearranged and no refund will be made for lessons not attended. Lessons must be taken on the pre-booked day and time unless otherwise agreed.
- Children’s group lessons must be completed within the prescribed term dates. Lessons not attended will not be rearranged and will be forfeited and no refund will be made for lessons not attended.
- Children’s intensive half term courses must be completed within the 5-day course set by Lanes Health Club. Lessons not taken within such dates will not be rearranged and no refund will be made for lessons not attended.
- To be eligible for member price, a parent/legal guardian of the child or the child themselves must hold a live current and valid Lanes Health Clubs Membership for the duration of the swimming lessons. Members on freeze are not allowed to access the members price for children’s swimming lessons. If you wanted to continue lessons, you would need to pay non-members price. If a membership is cancelled within the duration of the swimming lessons the remaining lessons will be charged at non-member rate.
- If, for any reason, Lanes Health Clubs needs to cancel your swimming lesson within 24-hours of the scheduled date and time, the lesson will be rearranged.
- If, for any reasons you need to rearrange a swimming lesson you have booked as part of your adult individual lessons (including 2-2-1) you must give us 24 hours’ notice. Failure to do this will result in you forfeiting the lesson which will not be rearranged. You must still complete the lessons within the time stated above.
- It is not possible (subject to refunds below) for you to cancel or rearrange any adult group, children’s group or individual term pack lessons. Any adult group, children’s group or individual term/intensive swimming lessons not attended during the time limits will not be refunded or rearranged.
- If a participant is unable to continue their swimming lessons for medical reasons, a refund will be issued for the remaining lessons provided that reasonable evidence is provided i.e., doctors/specialists letter.
- If your Swim Teacher is away (through holiday, sickness or otherwise) you will be allocated a temporary replacement Swim Teacher for the duration of their absence. Swimming lessons must still be used within their normal validity period during any such absence. We are unable to refund you for the reason of lessons being delivered by a different instructor.
- If your Swim Teacher leaves the company, we will allocate you another Swim Teacher and we will supply them with your swimming lesson history. Refunds will not be provided under these circumstances.
- Please note, very occasionally, the temperature of the pool water may be too cool for young children. Refunds will not be given for this reason.
- If you decide to cancel your membership at Lanes Health Club, no refunds will be given for unused swimming lessons.
- If any health concerns arise about yourself or your child prior or during swimming lessons that could affect the ability to continue safely with these lessons, Lanes Health Clubs reserves the right to request a doctors/physiotherapist or another appropriate health professional note/letter before continuing with the lessons. If Lanes Health Clubs deems you unsuitable to swim, the remaining lessons will be refunded.
- If the participant is feeling unwell, please call the club to let us know.
- Please note that swimming teachers cannot diagnose and/or prescribe treatment for any form of injury, illness or other medical condition.
- If you are late for your session, your session will be reduced accordingly, the lesson will finish at the pre-agreed time
- If you would like to change your Swim Teacher for any reason, please contact the Swim Manager who will be happy to assist you.
- Should you experience any pain, discomfort or injury during any of your sessions, please inform your Swim Teacher immediately.
We take your privacy seriously. Please refer to our privacy notice on our website for details of how we use your personal data. If you have questions, please ask at reception.