Six Ways to Wellness
According to the World Health Organisation: “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
That doesn’t come as any great surprise; what is surprising is that the statement was made over 70 years ago – only now are we beginning to understand its implications.
There are six dimensions to health and wellness:
- Emotional health effectively means the ability to handle life’s stressors calmly.
- Environmental health involves looking after your own space on the micro level and the planet on the macro level.
- Social wellbeing revolves around healthy relationships.
- Spiritual health means being comfortable with the values that guide your life.
- Intellectual health involves looking after your brain by keeping the mind alert.
- Physical health means looking after your body by staying active and eating sensibly.
Now take a look at these six drivers and tell me if you think that regular exercise plays a key role in creating and maintaining wellness.
You bet it does.